HP printer driver is unavailable on windows is one of the common problems for hp printer. The drivers are the main part of PC, printer and other digital electronic devices. If the drivers of device are not working or corrupted then your device may stops working. When you encounter an error stating that HP printer driver is unavailable on Windows 10, you need to recover it instantly. So, to deal with this problem, perform the given mentioned step. The absence of printer drivers may create a big problem with the printer.
Steps to Fix HP printer driver is unavailable
1. Install all available Windows updates
2. Reinstall your printer driver
Steps to install updates on Windows 7
If you are accessing Windows 7, then try these steps.
1. Tap on the Start button, write update in the search box and hit on the “Check for updates” option.
2. Click on the “Check for updates” option.
3. Hit the “Install updates” option.
4. When Windows has installed all its updates, start your computer again and go for print a file to check if your printer works.
Steps to install updates on Windows 10
If you are accessing Windows 10, then these steps are for you.
1. Hit the Start menu and write update. After that, click on the “Check for updates” option.
2. Tap on the “Check for updates” option.
3. After clicking on that option, Windows will install the updates automatically.
4. When Windows completes all its updates, start your computer again and attempt to print a file to check if your printer works.
Reinstall your printer driver
1. A corrupt or mismatched driver is the most probable cause of the HP printer driver is unavailable error. It is also the coolest problem to fix.
2. You just need to uninstall your current driver, then install the most updated correct driver. Here is the step how to do so.
3. Press the Windows logo key and R together on your keyboard to raise the Run box.
Write devmgmt.msc and hit the OK option.
4. Search your printer and right-click on it. After that, click on the “Uninstall device” option.
Hit the “Uninstall” option if you are asked to confirm it.
5. Try to Download and install Driver Easy. It will automatically identify your system, and search and install the accurate printer driver for it, along with any other drivers that need to update.
6. Execute Driver Easy and after that, click on the “Scan Now” option. Driver Easy will then examine your computer and sense any problem drivers.
7. Click on the “Update All” option to automatically download and install the right version of all the drivers that are missing or out dated on your system. You require the Pro version of Driver Easy to do this. No need to worry, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so in case you don’t like it, you can get a full repayment, no questions will be asked for that. Otherwise, if you want to do manual installing drivers, you can hit the ‘Update’ option which is next to your printer in the free version to automatically download the right driver. Once it is downloaded, you can manually install it.
8. Resume your computer and print a file to check whether your printer works or not. If it does, then good, you have fixed your problem. If it does not, proceed further with the next step.