Updated: Dec 22, 2021
What is WPS Pin?
WPS stands for the “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” if we say in technical language. It is basically a network security standard which is wireless. And, it helps to make connections between wireless devices and a router faster and easier. WPS can work for wireless network only which use a password and the password is encrypted with WPA2 Personal or WPA Personal security protocols. The WPS button simplifies the connection process.
For establishing a connection with any other device, you will need to find WPS Pin on HP Printer. The HP printer uses wireless technology and this technology makes us able to print documents anytime and anywhere around the globe. This technology of the HP printer can be used by just connecting the wireless printer with the help of WPS PIN code to the personal device either through a wired network or through your wireless router and print documents easily.
Types of WPS connections:
1. WPS Pin
2. WPS Button
Connect HP printer using WPS Pin
1. Go to the control panel of your HP Printer and then after pressing the Wireless button, go to the Setting.
2. After touching on the WiFi Protected Setup, you should follow the prompts appearing on the screen.
3. Now you will be prompted, tap on this PIN. When you do so, WPS PIN will be displayed on the screen.
4. Next step is to access the configuration utility or the software for the wireless access point or wireless router. After this, you will have to enter WPS PIN.
5. After the completion of setup, in All Programs, open the HP Folder of Printer. Then, go to the Printer Setup and Software. Then, choose the option of “Connect a new Printer”. This way, you can easily install the Network Printer Driver.
Connect HP printer using WPS Button
1. Go to the control panel of your HP Printer and then after this after pressing the Wireless or Settings Button, you will observe a Blue Light starts blinking.
2. Go to the option of “WiFi Protected Setup” and then follow the instructions which appear on the printer screen.
3. After this, you will have to select the option “WPS Button”. When you do so, the printer will tell you to press the WPS button the wireless router.
4. After pressing the WPS button on the router, move to the printer and for a wireless connection, hit continue.
5. Now Connection will be established and the printer is ready to use.