You can manage the wireless connection to your 123.hp.com/ojpro6970 printer by using the Wireless Setup Wizard.
1. Press the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel.
2. Click the button that is next to the print settings.
3. Click OK by scrolling the Wireless Setup Wizard. Now, the wizard searches the list of available networks.
4. Check if the name of your network is available. If not, users can enter the network manually.5.Scroll to entering New Network Name and then click OK.
5. Enter the name and then press OK.
6. When asked, mention the WEP or WPA key.
7. Click OK to confirm. Now, the printer attempts to connect to the network.
(WEP or WPA means it’s your wifi password)
123 HP OFFICEJET PRO 6970 WIfi PROTECTED SETUP
A wireless 802.11/b/g/n network which includes WPS enabled access point or router.
A computer or laptop with wireless network connection or NIC (network interface card).
Your computer or laptop should be connected to the wireless network in which the printer is connected.
Press and hold the Wireless button on the print for a couple of seconds to start the WPS button. Now, the wireless light starts blinking.
Now, press the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button on your router.
The printer will take a couple of minutes to establish the wireless connection.
On the control panel, press the Wireless button to view the men.
If you see the printer in error state, or performing a task, wait until the printer finishes the task and then press the Wireless button.
· From the printer’s control panel display screen, choose Settings.
· Now, touch Wi-Fi Protected Setup from the list of options available.
· If you have a Push button on the wireless router, then click Push Button and then follow the instructions.
· If not, choose PIN and then follow the prompts displayed on-screen.
123 HP OFFICEJET PRO 6970 connect wireless to the printer without a router?
1. Switch on the wireless direct from the printer’s control panel.
2. Touch the Wireless Direct icon from the printer’s home screen.
3. If the Wireless Direct setting is Off, choose Settings.
4. Go to Wireless Direct again, select ON (No Security) or ON (With Security).
5· If the Wireless Direct is switched on, then locate the wireless direct and password.
6. Click on the wireless direct icon on the printer’s home screen.
7· Select Display Name to display the wireless direct name.
8· Choose Display Password to display the password.
9. Switch on the wireless connection from your computer or mobile device.
10. Search for the printer you want and then connect it to the wireless direct name.
11· When asked, enter the Wireless Direct password.
12· Try printing a document or photo from the mobile or computer.